RadarFLEX monitors vehicle traffic in selected points of the roadways, being able to simultaneously control up to four traffic lanes. Its differential is in the flexibility of adding features that allow expansion of the scope of operations.
Vehicles speed is accurately measured according to the Doppler principle. This measuring method is based on the transmission of a signal by an antenna coupled to the equipment and reflected by vehicles that travel on the road. Due to the difference in the frequency transmitted and the one received, the speed is calculated. Every time the established speed limit is exceeded, the device records the image of the vehicle, which can be used then as an evidence of the traffic infraction. It includes measured speed (km/h), the local maximum speed limit (km/h), equipment identification number, location (coded or not), sequential number of the image, date of the last technical inspection, date and time of the infraction.
The use of static equipment, with non-intrusive sensing, provides a major flexibility in application, as it allows an occasional installation of the equipment, for meeting traffic special features, for limited periods.
RadarFLEX can be mounted on tripod, vehicles, bridges and walkways and its operation is automatic, as statistics and image data are recorded without the interference of the operator, who is responsible only for mounting it and programming its parameters for each place. Comparing it to handheld equipment, which required the operator to support it and direct it to the vehicles, RadarFLEX features as an advantage its ergonomy and a greater safety, as it allows the operator to be in a distant and safe place while the equipment is working.
Monitors up to four lanes, in the same or opposite ways..
• Measurement of speed by wave reflection, according to the Doppler principle.
• Automatic image capturing system.
• User friendly interface on touchscreen.
• Data unloading by Ethernet and USB connection.
• Digital image record (color or BW) with 2.8 megapixels resolution.
• For night-time operations, the infrared lighting can be used (non-dazzle for the driver), even in places without natural lighting.
• Simultaneous monitoring of both directions of the road, and up to four lanes.
• Identification of the lane of the vehicle measured.
Inmetro Ordinance: 088/2014.
Speed measuring of vehicles performed by the RadarFLEX follows the Doppler principle. Accordingly, the equipment sensor creates a wave beam over the monitored lanes, and detects the vehicles within this beam. Speed is obtained from the reflection generated during the time in which the vehicle is within the region of the beam projected over the lane.
If the vehicle is getting closer to the radar, the frequency of the reflected signal is greater than the frequency of the emitted signal by the sensor, when the vehicle is moving away from the radar, the frequency reflected will be lower. Such frequency alteration of the signal is proportional to the speed of the vehicle. Based on it, RadarFLEX automatically identifies the direction, the lane and speed of the vehicle:
• Allows for unlimited operation time with the use of batteries.
• Infractions record is automatic and data and image are encrypted, making operations easier and inhibiting fraud.
• Generates data on vehicles flow on roads.
• Identifies the lane of the infracting vehicle.
• State-of-art automation and computing technology, ensuring products quality and continuous improvement.
• Possibility of remote monitoring via web of the operation on a strategically located point.
• Record of different user profiles and access levels, for ensuring the control of the operation within the stated parameters.