The SmartPK line provides fixed-type electronic a full range of electronic traffic violation detectors, including over speeding detection. With or without ostensiveness, they calculate the speed captured and detect several traffic violations by specific sensors (inductive loops or non-intrusive detectors – Doppler or Laser). They capture multiple images, videos and enable monitoring with parameter customization. The non-metrological violations are recorded with broad-vision cameras. As with all products by Perkons, the information is encrypted and digitally signed.
They are ideal to automatic monitoring and record of violations in highways, freeways, and service lanes, major and local roads. And track multiple lanes and can be installed in different settings: with or without display, in poles or other pre-existing structures, ensuring installation flexibility.
It can be installed in poles, preexisting structure or viaducts, for example.
THEY REGISTER THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES SITUATION
• Moving forward the red light
• Stopped on the pedestrian crossing lane
• Turning or U-turning in places forbidden by the road sign
• Transiting in the roadside or in the wrong way
• Overtaking in forbidden places
• Transiting in unauthorized places and times, or in exclusive circulation lanes
• High resolution cameras.
• Infractions and statistical data record, 24 hours a day, being able to operate at different times for each functionality.
• Activates and/or deactivates the registration of the infractions, at specific times and places. These changes can be made remotely or not.
• Any type of vehicle can be monitored, including motorcycles. And it classifies the vehicles according to their type and/or size.
• High performance in image capture.
The equipment operates automatically, not depending on the presence of traffic law enforcement personnel. When a vehicle crosses the sensors (inductive loops or non-intrusive detectors – Doppler or Laser), it record the violation, which may be used later as proof of the offence. The display and the sound and lights signals are optional.
Statistical data such as speed, direction of movement and time is registered and, whenever the established speed limit is exceeded, an image of the vehicle is automatically captured by a digital video system. All data is shown at the bottom of the captured image in a black tag, in a way that it doesn't cover any part of the image. The image's data is determined by the client and can be modified as long as it is in accordance to the legislation and fits the space available.
All recorded data are sent to a processing center. The transmission mode is defined by the client or the available infrastructure. At the data processing center the vehicle license plate and characteristics are compared with the vehicle register supplied by the Department of Transportation. After verification of the data, the Traffic Authority with jurisdiction over the roadway (or the agent designated by this Authority) should validate the electronic register, subsequently issuing a traffic ticket (fine).
All data and images generated by the equipment are immediately encrypted at the moment of register,
in accordance with national and international standards, and are provided with a digital signature that
guarantees total inviolability and security of the process.
INMETRO Ordinances: 1086/2013; 283/2013; 014/2014; 033/2014; 072/2014; 164/2014.
It’s possible to choose the sensors (inductive loops or non-intrusive – Doppler or Laser) and the installation settings: with or without display, in poles, standard porticos and half preexistent structures, and viaducts.
Each vehicle has a profile of magnetic mass that depends on its metal volume. As a vehicle crosses the inductive loops it is possible to register the magnetic variation of the vehicle in each loop, generating two profiles. From the comparison (correlation) between them the time is obtained that makes possible the precise calculation of the speed. Analysis of magnetic profile also makes it possible to distinguish motorcycles, automobiles and trucks. Thus, it is possible to identify different speed limits according to the type of vehicle.
Os perfis magnéticos, juntamente com a identificação do veículo e dados da ocorrência,
compõem uma imagem única, criptografada, como prova autêntica da infração.
OCR - Optical Character Recognition
A sensor detects the presence of a vehicle in movement. Its image is captured and recorded, even at high speeds. The OCR system, which is integrated with the equipment, locates the license plate and interprets the alphanumeric characters, identifying their letters and numbers sequence. The collected data are processed and compared immediately with the vehicle register of the department of transportation. In this way it is possible to identify and apprehend vehicles sought by the police and vehicles with overdue road taxes and other debts, among other irregularities.
NTCIP Communication protocol
The steps of transmitting the recorded data by the equipment are carried out safely through protocol NTCIP (National Transportation Communications for ITS Protocol) or owner. The goal is to standardize the transmission to make it uniform, transparent and provides a unique view of the system.
The monitoring of the operation status of the installed equipment is carried out through the tele supervision, which guarantees the correct operation of the modules. Thus, it is possible to check the need for maintenance and act quickly.
To analyze the recorded violation, the equipment has a wide camera set (back and/or front) that allows the complete and perfect vision of the occurrence. This set can capture colored images and videos to demonstrate the whole situation of the location, including the view of the vehicle, focus group, crosswalk, and intersection, for example.
• It is indicated by specialists because considerably decreases the frequency and severity of accidents, increasing the safety of drivers and pedestrians, and reducing costs such as mandatory insurance, treatment of injured victims, etc. According to engineers Allan Cannell and Philip Gold (Reducing Accidents, 2001) there is a 60% reduction in the number of fatalities and 30% of accidents.
• Provides important and reliable traffic flow data at locations where it is used to gather statistical information, used in traffic control and road planning.
• Makes permanent, continuous control possible in areas where the equipment is placed.
• Integrated technologies monitor different traffic violations: vehicle speed, traffic in exclusive lanes, disrespecting the rotation system etc.
• Makes it possible to redirect police work towards other useful actions, such as educational guidance, according to the needs of the community.
• Automatically controls traffic offences, practically eliminating the possibility of fraud.
• Demonstrates transparency and modernity of the controlling agency, as processing is carried out by exclusive software, corroborating the occurrence of offences with digital and printed images.
• As the offence is documented, it allows for the application of fair and unquestionable punishment.
• The great majority of drivers and passengers feel comfortable, as the equipment punishes only the offenders, unlike physical speed bumps, which potentially damage all vehicles in the traffic flow and cause discomfort for all vehicle occupants.
• Decreases maintenance costs of the public transport system.